Monday, October 3, 2011

"Marigolds" Summary Poem

At 4 A.M. I was ashamed because of my behavior. Yesterday my brother was bored, so I gave him some compassion, as we went over to Ms. Lottie's and we went into a rage. I taught him how to throw pebbles at the Marigolds. The face of my father was horrifyingly shocked once we were caught. Once we were home he told us that because we were in the Great Depression and we might have to move. My mother was crying and sobbing away and the innocence of me starting dying away, I saw John Burke look at me, then I realized that he's holding  flowers, beautiful marigolds. Then he destroys the marigolds, and that is how I realized and regret the terrible things I have done that I Lizabeth is who I am and nobody can change me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't recall the kids getting caught for destroying the flowers. I also don't recall Lizabeth's mother crying.

    Are you sure you read "Marigolds"?

    ReplyDelete